Harris acquires EHR training vendor Sedona Learning Solutions, which will operate as a division of the company’s IatricSystems.
HIStalk Announcements and Requests
A reader emailed me an interesting point about the historical drivers of EHR use. Meaningful Use incentives made medical practice adoption widespread, but hospitals were more motivated by the shame of the IOM’s 1999 report “To Err is Human” and Y2K, with the resulting system implementation and replacement activity taking the industry into a three-horse EHR race of Cerner, Epic, and Meditech.
Poll respondents report quite a bit of employer-paid time off, with a surprising 29% indicating that their PTO is unlimited. Commenters suggest that maybe unlimited PTO isn’t the big gift that it seems – employees can’t tell if they are using too much compared to everyone else, and in the absence of someone else to cover their work, it’s just waiting for them when they return anyway. One commenter questions whether for-profit companies that change from accrued PTO to unlimited might be cleaning up their books in anticipation of selling the company.
New poll to your right or here: Do you feel welcome and appreciated when you contact your preferred health system by telephone, email, or in person?
Thanks to these companies for recently supporting HIStalk. Click a logo for more information.
Acquisitions, Funding, Business, and Stock
Shares in the Global X Telemedicine and Digital Health ETF mirrored the Nasdaq’s performance in the past month, dropping 7%. EDOC shares are down 35% in the past 12 months versus the Nasdaq’s 11% loss.
- Allina Health signs a $20 million contract to implement Visage 7 Workflow and Visage 7 Viewer from Visage Imaging.
Dan Dwyer (Cecelia Health) joins Wildflower Health as SVP of sales.
In Israel, at least five hospitals report that physicians have been sent inaccurate lab test results due to a software problem.
- EClinicalWorks releases a new podcast, “A Bridge to the Future of Behavioral Health.”
- Pivot Point Consulting promotes Gisela Cuddihee to senior manager of engagement management and Tom Slowe to senior manager of engagement management, training, and activation.
- Premier Chief Pharmacy Officer and Group VP of Supply Chain Jessica Daley and Group VP of Life Sciences Denise Juliano join CancerCare’s Board of Directors.
- Vocera publishes a new case study, “UnityPoint Health – Allen Hospital: Relieving Nurse Burden and Strengthening Safety.”
- Visage Imaging will exhibit at SIIM 2022 in Kissimmee, FL June 9-11.
The following HIStalk Sponsors have achieved top customer rankings, according to a recent Black Book financial solutions survey:
- Experian Health – EMPI, hospital claims management systems
- VisiQuate – RCM analytics
- Premier – ERP
- Relatient – patient financial communications & satisfaction solutions
- Change Healthcare – financial technology digital transformation consultants
- An Ounce of Prevention (Nordic)
- New England HIMSS 2022: What Does the Future Hold for Health IT Innovations? (Diameter Health)
- Making the Case for a Digital Revolution in Market Access (OptimizeRx)
- 3 Ways a Patient Engagement Strategy Makes a Difference for Your Pharmacy (OmniSys)
- Payor Strategy for High Value Behavioral Health Networks (Owl)
- 5 risk factors for COVID-19 breakthrough infections (Cerner)
- How COVID-19 Changed the Relationship Between Healthcare and Life Sciences (PatientBond)
- Nurses of Note Awards 2022: Retired Interior Designer Embarks on Second Career as a Nurse (PerfectServe)
- Symplr Roundtable Explores Health Plan Challenges with No Surprises Act (Symplr)
- What’s cloud got to do with it? (Nordic)
- Financial Health: How to Thrive in Healthcare’s Changing Landscape (Premier)
- Driving Departmental ROI (Protenus)
- Cloud: this is enterprise imaging (Sectra)
- On the Hunt for Network Anomalies (Surescripts)
- Webside Manner: The Key to Improving Patient Experiences (TigerConnect)
- Ascend 2022 Recap: 5 Takeaways from WebPT’s 9th Annual Business Summit (WebPT)
- Evaluating Patient Communication Platforms – Researching Vendors (Well Health)