Program with projects that support it. I have used this approach for longer than I care to admit in public,…
Renown Health opens a Transfer and Operations Center to better coordinate care across 27 counties in California and Nevada.
The center, which includes remote home monitoring capabilities using technology from Masimo, will soon add remote monitoring for its tele-ICU services.
The center will coordinate all incoming patient arrivals, match patients to beds, coordinate transportation and housekeeping services, offer ICU monitoring and telehealth visits, monitor patients at home, and provide emergency and disaster management information.
HIStalk Announcements and Requests
HIMSS21 will almost certainly go on as scheduled next week. Medicomp, Olive, and Imprivata are the only big vendors I know of that have cancelled attendance, although companies aren’t required to publicly announce their decision to stay home. I usually stick to the exhibit hall and skip the celebrity keynotes and educational sessions that often aren’t actually educational, but if there’s a must-see HIMSS21 event that has caught your eye that I should know about, tell me.
Looking ahead to next week, it’s hot as blazes in Las Vegas and COVID-19 is running rampant through unvaccinated residents and visitors. My intense dislike of Las Vegas is a benefit since I have always avoided the virus’s hunting grounds of celebrity chef restaurants, casinos, and seas of people at their worst behavior. I’ll stick to the conference areas almost entirely, attend no events, mask up everywhere, and likely forget many times to do the silly-looking but epidemiologically superior elbow bump instead of shaking hands.
I’m surprised at how many companies and people have touted their HIMSS21 attendance on LinkedIn and Twitter, spelled everything correctly, then embarrassingly ended with “#HIMMS21.”
“Key Differences: Value Based Care vs. Fee-For-Service.” Part 1 of a three-part series. Sponsor: Net Health. Presenters: Bill Winkenwerder, MD, chairman, CitiusTech; Josh Pickus, CEO, Net Health. Dr. Bill Winkenwerder, former assistant secretary of defense for health affairs for the US Department of Defense, shares his unique perspective on the future of value-based care (VBC) systems in the public sector and how VBC differs from fee-for-service models in the private sector. This Part 1 webinar covers which aspects of the fee-for-service health system payment model look the most different compared to fully value-based systems (clinical, back-office, analytics, etc.)
“Current Innovation and Development in Value-Based Care.” Part 2 of a three-part series. Sponsor: Net Health. Presenters: Bill Winkenwerder, MD, chairman, CitiusTech; Josh Pickus, CEO, Net Health. Dr. Bill Winkenwerder, former assistant secretary of defense for health affairs for the US Department of Defense, shares his unique perspective on the future of value-based care (VBC) systems in the public sector and how VBC differs from fee-for-service models in the private sector. This Part 2 webinar discusses what health systems should know about the transition to value-based care, including macro versus micro shifts.
“Future of Value-Based Care: Predictive Analytics, Technology, Policy.” Part 3 of a three-part series. Sponsor: Net Health. Presenters: Bill Winkenwerder, MD, chairman, CitiusTech; Josh Pickus, CEO, Net Health. Dr. Bill Winkenwerder, former assistant secretary of defense for health affairs for the US Department of Defense, shares his unique perspective on the future of value-based care (VBC) systems in the public sector and how VBC differs from fee-for-service models in the private sector. This Part 3 webinar discusses the role analytics will play in the shift to value-based care and how financial and clinical ROIs for analytics-oriented products must differ when applied to FFS and VBC models.
Acquisitions, Funding, Business, and Stock
CPSI announces Q2 results: revenue up 15%, EPS $0.42 versus $0.12. CPSI shares are up 28% in the past 12 months versus the Nasdaq’s 37% rise, valuing the company at $464 million.
Registry data and analytics company CorEvitas acquires Vestrum Health, which offers data culled from retina care-focused EHRs for research, analytics, and commercialization. CorEvitas rebranded, quite understandably, from Corrona earlier this year.
CORHIO and Health Current merge to form Contexture, an umbrella organization that will oversee the respective HIEs’ work in Colorado and Arizona.
- Health Recovery Solutions selects Lyniate’s Rhapsody integration technology to enhance customer connectivity with its remote care solutions.
- Eastside Health Network will use Arcadia’s analytics to improve the value-based care performance of its provider network in Washington.
- Idaho Health Data Exchange selects Orion Health’s Amadeus HIE platform.
- St. Vincent Health (CO) implements Infor’s CloudSuite Healthcare for resource management.
- Ashley Clinic (KS) will use Emerge’s ChartGenie, ChartScout, and ChartPop data conversion and integration technologies during its EHR conversion later this year.
The Missouri Hospital Association hires Jon Dolittle (Mosaic Medical Center – Albany) as president and CEO. He was a senior business developer for Cerner from 1998 to 2009.
Mads Kvalsvik (Madaket Health) joins UCM Digital Health as CTO.
WellHive hires Chris Faraji (Salesforce) as EVP.
Announcements and Implementations
ChartSpan provides bi-directional data exchange between its chronic care management platform and provider EHRs using Ellkay’s integration capabilities.
First Databank will offer its clients RxRevu’s prescription cost and coverage solution, allowing physicians to choose cost-effective medications based on patient pharmacy benefits in their EHR workflows.
PadInMotion rebrands to Equiva and announces GA of its new health relationship management software, which combines patient engagement, care management, and marketing capabilities.
CitiusTech develops Medictiv, a open healthcare AI model directory of more than 250 ready-to-use models for data science and digital health teams.
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center establishes MSKCC India, a virtual care service for cancer patients in India that will use telemedicine technology from India-based IClinic and oncology expertise from New York City-based MSKCC providers.
Surescripts announces GA of Care Event Notifications and enhancements to its Medication History for Populations service.
Data privacy vault vendor Skyflow announces a PHI-specific, API-delivered Healthcare Data Privacy Vault.
UNC Health extends its mobile app functionality, which was developed with Gozio Health, to include MyChart access, visit scheduling, and wait time display.
Cerner is named as the hospital category winner in the ECR Now FHIR App Challenge for electronic case reporting for COVID-19 and other diseases of public health interest. Cerner’s solution sends a near real-time Electronic Initial Case Report to the Association of Public Health Laboratories AIMS platform, whose development was funded by CDC. The solution is open source and has been made available by Cerner to non-Cerner clients and EHRs.
Sphere launches a patient self-scheduling tool called Book My Doc that extends its Health IPass revenue cycle management and patient engagement platform.
This would be an embarrassing way for a hospital to get hacked. Security researchers warn of vulnerabilities in Swisslog Healthcare’s Ethernet-connected pneumatic tube systems, which are used in 3,000 hospitals worldwide. A new firmware update offers fixes for all but one of the known issues.
- Surescripts makes its Medication History for Populations service available to Lightbeam Health Solutions customers.
- The Chartis Group announces 13 promotions – three directors and 10 principals.
- CloudWave sponsors the New Bridge Medical Center Foundation 2021 golf outing.
- EZDI releases a new case study, “Auburn Community Hospital Improves Bottom Line – Impact Totaling $1.03MM by Implementing EZDI’s CAC.”
- RxRevu partners with First Databank to expand the delivery of its prescription coverage and cost data as a supplementary service to FDB’s network of clinical drug information customers.
- UnityPoint Health expands its use of SOC Telemed’s Telemed IQ telemedicine software and psychiatrists to an additional four hospitals in Iowa.
- 5 ways to maximize revenue on every claim (Ability Network)
- How a Texas family practice uses technology to overcome barriers to chronic care management (AdvancedMD)
- Roundtable takeaways: home- and community-based care, and new care models (CarePort)
- The Top Three Components Your Medicare AWV Program Needs (ChartSpan)
- Countdown to HIMSS21 (Optimum Healthcare IT)
- The Future of Telehealth Following the COVID-19 Pandemic (Dimensional Insight)
- “Game-Changing” Technology Connects Care at Redeemer Health (Dina)
- When Prisma Can Lead to Better Care (EClinicalWorks)
- Success at a glance: Turning incomplete patient data from COVID-19 testing and vaccinations into valid reimbursable claims (Experian Health)