MDLive secures $75 million through a $50 million crossover equity investment from Sixth Street Growth and $25 million in debt expansion from other investors, bringing its total raised to nearly $175 million. The company plans to IPO early next year.
September 17 (Thursday) 1 ET. “ICD-10-CM 2021 Updates and Regulatory Readiness.“ Sponsor: Intelligent Medical Objects. Presenters: June Bronnert, MSHI, RHIA, VP of global clinical services, IMO; Theresa Rihanek, MHA, RHIA, mapping manager, IMO; Julie Glasgow, MD, clinical terminologist, IMO. IMO’s top coding professionals and thought leaders will review additions, deletions, and other revisions to the 2020 ICD-10-CM code set that will be critical in coding accurately for proper reimbursement.
Acquisitions, Funding, Business, and Stock
Capsule Technologies receives FDA 510(k) clearance for its Vitals Plus monitoring solution with Masimo’s NomoLine ISA CO2 module, giving providers the ability to monitor patients for respiratory deterioration in addition to other vital signs.
Change Healthcare will permanently close its headquarters in Nashville and transition as many as 700 employees to remote work.
- In the UK, the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Integrated Care System will implement Cerner’s HealtheIntent population health management software and HealthEDW analytics.
- The State of Utah selects HHS Technology Group’s MediBook software to be the backbone of record-sharing software patients, providers, and payers can access during natural disasters.
- The Nebraska Health Information Initiative will leverage Collective Medical’s ADT-based care coordination software.
Ray Wolski (Wolters Kluwer Health) joins Lumeon as chief revenue officer.
Experity names Calibrater Health co-founder Tim Dybvig SVP of patient engagement following its acquisition of the company.
Craig Bloom (Cancer Treatment Centers of America) joins Intercept Telemed as chief growth officer.
Medication safety software vendor Tabula Rasa HealthCare hires Bob Sullivan (Corsis) as its first CTO.
Announcements and Implementations
Adventist Health (CA) adds provider look-up and patient self-scheduling capabilities from Kyruus to its website, and embeds them within its Cerner-powered patient engagement software.
AHIMA will offer Meditech Expanse as part of its online VLab, which offers students access to multiple software programs and corresponding lab lessons.
New research from 23andMe finds that people in blood group O seem to test positive for COVID-19 less frequently than those with other blood types. The research, part of a forthcoming study still awaiting peer-review, also found that people who tested positive and had a specific variant of a certain gene seemed more likely to have serious respiratory symptoms. Analysts caution that these findings, while novel, won’t impact treatment decisions.
Former Kansas City Chiefs right guard Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, MD shares his experience working for nine weeks in a long-term care clinic in Montreal during the initial COVID-19 outbreak, and his reasons for opting out of the 2020 NFL season. He will instead study nutrition, biostatistics, and epidemiology at Harvard’s T.H. Chan School of Public Health via online classes.
After launching as an invite-only program a year ago, Amazon opens up its HIPAA-compliant Alexa skill program to interested app developers. Atrium Health, Swedish, Livongo, and Cigna were among the program’s initial participants.
Apple adds a blood oxygen monitoring feature to the newest version of Apple Watch, unveiled today at the company’s product event. It will partner with three healthcare organizations to study the feature and its benefits. Apple is also working with Mount Sinai Health System to study the impact of COVID-19 on front-line healthcare workers using the watch.
- Everbridge announces that the latest version of the Everbridge COVID-19 Shield: Contact Tracing app is available in the Apple and Google app stores.
- The Over Quota podcast features Arcadia VP of People Operations Tammi Pirri.
- An annual Black Book Market Research survey ranks North American Partners in Anesthesia as the top Anesthesia Management Services outsourcing vendor for the fourth consecutive year.
- Ellkay will exhibit at the AHIP National Conference on Medicare, Medicaid & Dual Eligibles through September 17.
- ESolutions exhibits at the virtual HBMA 2020 Conference through September 17.
- Ingenious Med’s point-of-care solution is now available in the Epic App Orchard.
- Nuance’s Dragon Ambient eXperience clinical documentation software is now available through Microsoft Teams for virtual consults.
- OptimizeRx partners with Epion Health to give patients point-of-care access to savings programs sponsored by life sciences companies.
- Saratoga Hospital staff recount how Vocera Badges worn under PPE helped them prepare for and manage surges of COVID-19 patients.
- Google Cloud hires Hans Thalbauer (SAP) as managing director of global supply chain, logistics, and transportation solutions; and Paula Natoli (Blue Yonder) as director of supply chain, logistics, and transportation solutions for North America and Latin America.
- 3 Common Mistakes in Epic Training (314e)
- Desperate to trim your labor budget? Start with overtime. (Ability Network)
- Digitize admin tasks to reduce staff burdens (AdvancedMD)
- Impressive research by Agfa/RSNA R&E Grant recipient (Agfa Healthcare)
- Blueleaf Banter: Transforming Your Training Strategy to Digital (Bluetree)
- COVID-19: The New Normal for Acute and Post-Acute Care (CarePort Health)
- Meditech Expanse: What’s New in Version 17 (CereCore)
- How SNFs Are Managing COVID & Avoiding Penalties (Collective Medical)
- The IT Conductors: Focus on What You Are Good At, Have Someone Else Do the Rest (CloudWave)
- Healthcare Must Move Beyond Fax Machines to Survive COVID-19 (CoverMyMeds)
- Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence in the Race for a Coronavirus Vaccine (Dimensional Insight)
- Thank You to Our Healthcare Environmental Professionals (EClinicalWorks)
- Join Meditech in signing the 2030 World Sepsis Declaration (Meditech)
- ONC CMS Interoperability Final Rules Start Now to Comply by the Deadlines Webinar Recap (Wolters Kluwer Health Language)