Agreed, The VA is using CCDAs today for outbound communication and they started with C32s back in 2012. Looked at…
The White House signs the VA Electronic Health Record Transparency Act of 2021, which requires the VA to report the costs of its EHR modernization project to congressional committees each quarter. The report will also include a breakout of project funding sources.
The VA must also submit quality, performance, safety, and value metrics, along with a list of patient safety reports, incidents, alerts, or disclosures.
HIStalk Announcements and Requests
Poll respondents are skeptical that Oracle’s acquisition of Cerner will improve cost or quality.
New poll to your right or here: How important to you personally is telehealth today versus in 2019? I realized while posing the question is that it hasn’t changed for me – I’ve yet to have a telehealth visit, although I wouldn’t be opposed to it as an alternative to the physician office visits that I rarely require.
I’m surprised to see pundits who confidently state that Larry Ellison is CEO of Oracle, a position he hasn’t held since 2014.
The need is evident.
July 12 (Tuesday) 1 ET. “Digital Data Stewardship for Trusted, High-Quality Data Exchange.” Sponsor: Clinical Architecture. Presenter: Carol Graham, MS, RN, product manager, Clinical Architecture. Organizations face challenges in ensuring that the patient data they received and send is consistent, accurate, and usable. Use cases include receiving multi-source data across health information networks with variation in formats and content; merging and de-duplicating provider, payer, and research data; uplifting legacy data for current use cases and formats; and normalizing and formatting data for public health surveillance, quality measure reporting, and providing directly to the patient. This webinar will cover Pivot, a comprehensive Digital Data Steward solution that orchestrates format harmonization, content (vocabulary) normalization, de-duplication, and data quality validation into a single solution.
Acquisitions, Funding, Business, and Stock
Myriad Genetics will integrate its provider genetic test ordering and resulting program with Epic.
Healthcare Triangle launches a digital front door app for users of Epic’s MyChart.
- Altus Neighbors Emergency Centers will use the billing system of Sphere-owned Health IPass.
- Lutheran Health Network, Flowers Hospital, and North Knoxville Medical Center implement the PeriWatch Vigilance maternal-fetal early warning system.
- Health Alliance launches a remote patient monitoring program powered by CareSignal.
Healthcare Growth Partners hires Brooks McElveen, MS (New Capital Partners) as VP.
Announcements and Implementations
Microsoft will collaborate with Volpara Health Technologies on AI-powered detection and quantification of breast arterial calcification.
PerfectServe will further develop its cloud-based call center solution.
Baker Tilly and MedeAnalytics develop Service Line Data Signs, an easy-to-use analytics solution for supply and pharmacy expenses.
CHOP SVP/CIO Shakeeb Akhter recaps the health system’s recent conversion from Ascom phones to Epic communications, including secure messaging, Voalte voice calling, and Rover alerts and alarms.
- OptimizeRx extends the reach of its omni-channel medication adherence platform through a partnership with pharma marketing technology company Equals 5.
- Pivot Point Consulting promotes Nicole Gerten to senior operations specialist.
- Protenus has received the highest overall performance score for its drug diversion surveillance solution in the recent KLAS Drug Diversion Monitoring report.
- Symplr announces the winners of its 2022 Lean Human Capital Elite Honor Roll program.
- Premier has named Henry Ford Health the winner of the 2022 Premier Alliance Excellence Award.
- TigerConnect and its Critical Alert business have announced that Mount Nittany Health nurse Jodie McClure, RN has won its Nurses at the Heart of Healthcare contest.
- VisiQuate expands its Payer Action Center to help providers reclaim millions in unpaid claims.
- The following HIStalk Sponsors will exhibit at HFMA through June 29 in Denver: AGS Health, Arrive Health, Availity, Change Healthcare, Experian Health, Iodine Software, Nym Health, Olive, Optum, Oracle Cerner, Premier, Tegria, VisiQuate.
- What Will the Future of Healthcare Look Like? (Experity)
- Healthcare data standards 101: HL7, FHIR and more (Olive)
- Why is it Important to Reduce Hospital Admissions? (PatientBond)
- Breakthroughs Bulletin: Spotlight on Our Innovation Showcase Suppliers (Premier)
- Key Takeaways from the 2022 APG Annual Conference: ACO REACH and Health Equity (RCxRules)
- 6 best practices to know before implementing a cloud contact center solution (Talkdesk)
- The Unexpected Drivers of PT Patient Success (WebPT)
- 7 Patient Engagement Strategies to Improve Outcomes (Well Health)
- Top 3 Things to Look for in a Healthcare Integration Service Provider (Zen Healthcare IT)