Unfortunately, I can't disagree with anything you wrote. It is important that they get this right for so many reasons,…
CMS issues the first civil money penalties against hospitals that failed to comply with federal price transparency laws.
Northside Hospital Atlanta will pay $883,000, while Northside Hospital Cherokee will pay $214,000.
CMS says that Northside Hospital Atlanta ignored its warning notice and argued that the best way for patients to obtain pricing information is to use its Price Estimate telephone line.
Northside Hospital Cherokee also ignored CMS’s warning and also intentionally removed previously posted pricing files from its website.
HIStalk Announcements and Requests
I’ve been miserably ill for five days with COVID symptoms that may not actually be COVID since antigen tests and PCR were negative. I have extreme fatigue, a temperature and cough, muscle weakness, reduced visual acuity, and brain fog. I’m sure I’ve made mistakes, so bear with me.
Acquisitions, Funding, Business, and Stock
The acquisition of Nordic Consulting Partners by Accrete Health Partners reportedly cost $400 million.
Providence-owned Tegria combines six of its legacy companies to form Advata, which will focus on improving patient outcomes using advanced analytics.
Amwell hires Carrie Nelson, MD, MS (Advocate Aurora Health) as chief medical officer.
Surescripts names Frank Harvey, MBA (ATLS Investments) as CEO.
Julie Haluska, MPA (AllianceOne) joins HealthRecon Connect as VP of enterprise sales.
- PatientBond publishes a new case study, “Improving Patient Satisfaction Rates for Specialty Pharmacy.”
- Pivot Point Consulting promotes Matt Curtin to managing director, enterprise client solutions.
- Symplr embeds Visier’s people analytics capabilities in its recruiting solution to support deeper insights into people management and decision-making.
- Nordic publishes a video titled “Considerations for successful EHR extensions.”
- Quil Health CEO Carina Edwards will keynote at the virtual Connected Health Summit June 16.
- Making the Case for a Digital Revolution in Market Access (OptimizeRx)
- Financial Health: How to Thrive in Healthcare’s Changing Landscape (Premier)
- Driving Departmental ROI (Protenus)
- What is call center software and how does it work? (Talkdesk)
- Enabling Hospital Personnel through ServiceNow’s Powerful Access Catalog (Optimum Healthcare IT)
- How to decrease patient no-show appointments (TigerConnect)
- New eBook: Simplify Your Revenue Cycle Workflow Through Automation (RCxRules)
- 4 Private Practice Management Mistakes and How to Fix Them (WebPT)
- Evaluating Patient Communication Solutions – Realistic Timelines (Well Health)