Unfortunately, I can't disagree with anything you wrote. It is important that they get this right for so many reasons,…
Clipboard Health, an online marketplace that matches nurses and other healthcare professionals with staffing opportunities, raises $80 million over two previously unannounced funding rounds.
The company, launched six years ago, serves 30 US cities. It offers instant payment after shifts, a benefit that sets it apart from competitors like IntelyCare, which recently raised $115 million in a Series C funding round.
HIStalk Announcements and Requests
Deborah Kohn has been retired from consulting for a few years and finally decided it was time to cancel her HIStalk email updates, so she provided a Donors Choose parting gift that, with matching funds applied, funded these teacher projects:
- A diversity library for Ms. D’s elementary school class in Houston, TX.
- Geography tools for the ninth grade Advanced Placement class of Ms. P in Fresno, CA.
April 22 (Friday) 1 ET. “CMIO 3.0: What’s Next for the CMIO?” Sponsor: Intelligent Medical Objects. Presenters: Becket Mahnke, MD, CMIO and pediatric cardiologist, Confluence Health; Dale Sanders, chief strategy officer, IMO. The relatively short history of the CMIO role includes Version 1.0 (EHR implementation, Meaningful Use, and regulatory compliance) and Version 2.0 (quality and efficiency). Version 3.0 is at the forefront of predictive analytics, population health initiatives, and optimization of data-driven tools. The presenters will discuss the digital revolution’s impact on CMIO responsibilities; the connection between clinical informatics, analytics, population health and the CMIO; and how CMIO 3.0 will be involved in the adoption of advanced technologies.
April 28 (Thursday) 2 ET. “Undercoded and Underpaid: Making It Easier to Document to Optimize Reimbursement.” Sponsor: Intelligent Medical Objects. Presenters: Deepak Pillai, MD, physician informaticist, IMO; June Bronnert, MSHI, RHIA, senior director of informatics, IMO; Nicole Douglas, sales engineer, IMO. The presenters will discuss how to simplify precise documentation for clinicians; the effects of imprecise coding on reimbursement; why accurate code capture at the point of care can have positive downstream impact on population health initiatives; and how third-party solutions integrated with the EHR can reduce documentation burdens.
Acquisitions, Funding, Business, and Stock
The US Patent Office awards patient privacy monitoring company Protenus a patent for “Methods and Systems for Analyzing Accessing of Drug Dispensing Systems.”
The Chartis Group acquires health equity advisory firm Just Health Collective, whose founder and CEO Duane Reynolds, MHA has worked in inclusion and diversity executive roles with UnitedHealth Group and the American Hospital Association.
- Scripps Health (CA) and UT Health San Antonio (TX) select Oncora Medical’s oncology patient care and analytics software.
- Medical University of South Carolina will implement Andor Health’s ThinkAndor AI virtual assistant to optimize its virtual health services.
Ryan Smith, MBA (Intermountain Healthcare) joins Graphite Health as COO. The non-profit digital health solutions company was formed in October 2021 by Intermountain, Presbyterian Healthcare Services, and SSM Health.
Cedars-Sinai Health System (CA) promotes Craig Kwiatkowski, PharmD to SVP of enterprise information services and CIO.
Providence (WA) promotes Sara Vaezy to EVP and chief digital officer.
Strata CEO Dan Michelson, MBA will leave the company after 10 years to create a for-purpose company that will address divisiveness and isolation. He will be replaced as CEO by COO/CFO John Martino.
Announcements and Implementations
Providence Community Health Center implements Bluestream Health’s virtual care platform-as-a-service to provide telehealth services to its 12 facilities across Providence, RI.
Mankato Clinic (MN) has adopted CareSignal’s deviceless remote patient monitoring technology as part of its chronic care management programs for patients with COPD, congestive heart failure, diabetes, hypertension, and depression.
Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center rolls out digital wayfinding capabilities from Eyedog.US.
The Reactive Emergency Assessment Community Team associated with Ipswitch Hospital in the UK adopts Current Health’s remote patient monitoring technology.
Suki expands the voice capabilities to its digital assist to help physicians retrieve patient information to access it untethered from the EHR.
Riley Children’s Health and Configo Health will co-develop pediatric hospital benchmarking solutions.
Change Healthcare releases InterQual 2022.
Government and Politics
Puget Sound Military Health System, Madigan Army Medical Center, Naval Health Clinic Oak Harbor, the Air Force’s 62nd Medical Squadron, and Naval Hospital Bremerton upgrade their Cerner-powered MHS Genesis EHR software with Revenue Cycle Expansion features. The Washington-based providers were among the initial wave of facilities that went live on MHS Genesis in 2017.
California’s digital vaccination records may not include some shots that were documented on the paper vaccination card. The state says the problem is caused by organizations that administer vaccine without capturing complete recipient information, which leaves its digital system unable to match a patient’s records from multiple providers.
An OptimizeRx medication access survey of 102 specialists finds that 60% of respondents don’t have access to real-time insurance benefits information, a contributing factor to the nearly four hours each day physicians and their staff say they spend on helping patients gain access to prescriptions.
- CereCore staff sort 6,174 pounds of food at Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee to provide 5,122 meals to Nashville families.
- The Slice of Healthcare Podcast features About CEO Angie Franks.
- BakerTilly releases a new Healthy Outcomes Podcast, “Private equity trends within the healthcare provider industry.”
- Bamboo Health will exhibit at the 2022 Blue National Summit May 2-5 in Orlando.
- “IDC MarketScape: U.S. Provider Data Management for Payers 2022 Vendor Assessment” names LexisNexis Risk Solutions as its only market leader.
- Biofourmis will present at the Reuters Digital Health 2022 Conference April 26 in San Diego.
- CHIME releases a new Digital Health Leaders Podcast, “Children, Teens, and the Pandemic with Theresa Meadows.”
- CoverMyMeds will exhibit and present at Asembia22 May 2-5 in Las Vegas.
- Dina will exhibit at the NAACOS Spring 2022 Conference April 27-29 in Baltimore.
- PeriGen names Kimberlee McKay, MD a physician consultant.
- Change Healthcare releases InterQual 2022, the latest edition of its flagship clinical decision support solution.
- Why You Should Move Out from Legacy Systems for Your Practice (AdvancedMD)
- A Look at the Top Clinical Documentation Integrity Trends from 2021 (AGS Health)
- The empathetic care model: How Beth Israel Lahey stays ahead of the curve in a competitive marketplace (Arcadia)
- 6 Ways to Combat Stress in Healthcare (BDO)
- Empowering Organizational Super Users (Optimum Healthcare IT)
- Physician opinion: Who should pay for patient-reported outcomes? (Bravado Health)
- Protecting the Healthcare Industry from Advancements in Phishing Scams (ChartLogic)
- New Requirements Increase Cyber Risk Management and Reporting Expectations for Healthcare Entities (Clearwater)
- How Pacific Cataract and Laser Institute Achieved Their Lowest-Ever Rejection Rates (RCxRules)
- The Story of Tobias – Divurgent’s AI Healthcare Chatbot (Divurgent)
- HCC: More Than Just Letters, They Are Key to Coding and Care (EClinicalWorks)