Unfortunately, I can't disagree with anything you wrote. It is important that they get this right for so many reasons,…
Revenue cycle management platform vendor NThrive and its financial backer Clearlake Capital Group will acquire TransUnion Healthcare, the data and analytics business of TransUnion, for $1.7 billion in cash.
TransUnion reportedly started fielding offers for the business in early September 2021.
TransUnion Healthcare will generate $190 million in revenue this year in serving 1,850 hospitals and 650,000 physicians.
The companies expect the deal to close in Q4.
From Anointed One: “Re: HIMSS Accelerate. Is anyone actually using this? They are hiring executives like it’s going to take off and I don’t see it.” I didn’t see anything interesting when I first gave it a test drive and still don’t. The skimpy content is mostly HIMSS people trying unsuccessfully to drum up conversations, pitches for HIMSS events, and the Healthcare IT News crew linking to their stories. I occasionally dampen the enthusiasm of people who think that an online platform is needed to support unmet demand for health IT collaboration (I bought this cool hammer – anybody got a nail?) with these observations from experience in watching similar sites die young:
- Sites like Accelerate rely on unpaid participants to create content for each other to consume. Few people are interested in doing that, especially busy executives.
- Free or not, sites need to be clear on what they offer and why users should care. It’s not enough to just put up a discussion site and wait for participation to skyrocket.
- It has always been hard to build and keep an online audience whose needs are inconsistent and who have many alternatives.
- Use of information sharing sites is nearly always sporadic because people don’t log on until they need something from other users (a question answered, a contact provided, experience shared) and then go MIA until their next need arises.
- Discussion sites are like unhosted parties, where just telling people to drop by, bring their own food and drink, and join unknown strangers who have nothing better to do is sure to fail.
October 28 (Thursday) 1 ET. “A New Streamlined Approach to Documentation and Problem List Management in Cerner Millennium.” Sponsor: Intelligent Medical Objects. Presenters: Deepak Pillai, MD, physician informaticist, IMO; David Arco, product manager, IMO; Nicole Douglas, senior product marketing manager, IMO. IMO and Cerner announce the launch of the IMO Core CSmart app, an in-workflow offering to improve clinical documentation and problem list management in Cerner Millennium. The presenters will review the challenges and bottlenecks of clinical documentation and problem list management, discuss how streamlined workflows within Cerner Millennium can reduce clinician HIT burden, and demonstrate how IMO Core CSmart can help clinicians document with ease and specificity, improve HCC coding, and make problem lists more relevant. Additional sessions will be offered on November 17 and December 1.
Acquisitions, Funding, Business, and Stock
Anomaly, whose platform identifies payment and billing errors before they occur, raises $17 million in a Series A funding round.
- Northwell Health (NY) will implement Cedar’s after-visit patient engagement and payment software.
- Kingman Regional Medical Center (AZ) selects Oneview Healthcare’s Care Experience technology.
- LifePoint Health expands its use of Loyal’s patient experience technology solutions and will implement its new platform.
- SCL Health will create a centralized OB hub using PeriGen’s PeriWatch Command Center enterprise-wide telehealth platform.
- CloudWave announces that seven healthcare organizations have gone live on its recently announced OpSus Cloud Services, which offers managed hosting, disaster recovery, systems management, security, backup, and archiving services that support 125 healthcare applications.
CitiusTech promotes Bhaskar Sambasivan, MEng to CEO. Co-founders Rizwan Koita (CEO) and Jagdish Moorjani (COO) will leave their executive positions but remain on the company’s board.
Mercury Healthcare (formerly known as Healthgrades) names Chris Hackney (Cision) chief product officer and Manish Goel (Envision Pharma Group) CTO.
Announcements and Implementations
Redox develops a connector to Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare, giving Microsoft Azure users the ability to convert legacy EHR data to the FHIR R4 standard.
Amazon launches Alexa Smart Properties for healthcare facilities, giving hospitals an easy way to deploy and manage Alexa devices across the enterprise. Early adopters include Boston Children’s Hospital, Cedars-Sinai (CA), BayCare (FL), and Houston Methodist.
Vodafone and Deloitte create a strategic alliance and digital solutions accelerator.
Cerner launches Cerner Enviza, an operating unit that combines expertise from Cerner and its acquired real world data vendor Kantar Health.
Government and Politics
Britain’s finance ministry will allocate $2.9 billion for technology improvements across the NHS as part of an $8 billion spending package aimed at decreasing appointment wait times.
Stamford Hospital and Stamford Health Medical Group recover from a server failure late last week that forced them to enact downtime procedures, including diverting ambulances and rescheduling elective procedures.
- CoverMyMeds raises $175,000 for cancer research.
- Netsmart will exhibit at the 2021 LeadingAge Annual Meeting and Expo through October 27 in Atlanta.
- The Northwest Regional Primary Care Association features Azara Health in “How Automated Outreach with Luma Health & Azara is Helping an Alaska FQHC Keep Patients Healthier.”
- About partners with The Baldridge Foundation to develop new LeaderDialogue content for healthcare leaders.
- Cerner VP and CNO Melissa Solito, RN wins the G2Xchange’s Leading for Impact, Women in Leadership award.
- ChartSpan publishes a new guide, “Help Me Choose: SaaS versus Fully Managed Chronic Care Management.”
- A splash of colour to kick off your week! (Agfa HealthCare)
- Virtual Care Optimizations: The importance of a Digital Health Steering Committee (Bluetree)
- Why Healthcare CIOs Need Managed IT Services (CereCore)
- Achieving Health Equity Requires a Robust IT Strategy (Optimum Healthcare IT)
- Making Every Month Cybersecurity Month (Clearwater)
- Using Data to Drive Patient Adherence, Population Health, and Brand Revenues (ConnectiveRx)
- The New Normal for Hospital Operations, Part 1 (Engage)
- Emerge Improved Revenue and Quality for Multi-Specialty Group Using Natural Language Processing (Emerge)
- Q+A: healthcare price transparency in 2022 (Experian Health)