Epic cancels its Experts Group Meeting (XGM) 2020, which was expected to draw 9,000 attendees to Epic’s Verona, WI campus April 27 – May 8.
Epic is further responding to COVID-19 by:
- Allowing employees to cancel or postpone non-essential business travel.
- Expanding sick leave and work from home policies for employees who are experiencing symptoms or have elevated risk of complications.
- Conducting large internal meetings virtually.
- Offering users virtual options for training classes.
- Serving food from campus cafeterias in individual to-go containers to prevent lines and modifying seating to reduce large gatherings in cafeterias.
Epic said in a statement, “We will miss seeing our guests at XGM this year, and are saddened that this change will impact the businesses in our community that help welcome and host the 9,000 guests who come to XGM. However, we felt that this decision was necessary to help slow the spread of COVID-19.”