100% agree about the remote employees - particularly in health care. If you think you can 100% work from home…
Private equity firms Bain Capital and Hellman & Friedman will acquire Athenahealth from Veritas Capital and Evergreen Coast Capital for $17 billion.
Veritas and Evergreen will retain a minority investment in the company. The management team will remain in place.
Hellman & Friedman’s health IT portfolio includes Change Healthcare and PointClickCare, while Bain Capital’s includes HST Pathways.
December 9 (Thursday) 1:30 ET. “Cone Health: Creating Extreme Efficiencies in Surgical Services.” Sponsor: RelayOne. Presenters: Wayne McFatter, RN, MSN and Sharon McCarter, RN co-directors of perioperative services, Cone Health. The presenters will discuss how they have empowered the entire surgical care team, including vendor representatives, to get real-time access to surgery schedules and case requirements in the palms of their hand. RelayOne CEO Cam Sexton will also present the findings of a recent study of 100 hospital leaders regarding their operating room optimization plans for 2022.
December 14 (Tuesday) 1 ET. “Using Cloud to Boost AI and Enterprise Imaging.” Sponsor: CloudWave. Presenters: Larry Sitka, MS, VP/CSIO of enterprise applications, Canon Medical Informatics; Jacob Wheeler, MBA, senior product manager, CloudWave. Enterprise imaging has remained a holdout of data center complexity despite the benefits the cloud offers. The presenters will discuss innovative ways to reduce complexity and lead with disruptive technology using AI, enterprise imaging, and the cloud.
Acquisitions, Funding, Business, and Stock
Health technology and services company Edifecs will acquire Health Fidelity, which offers natural language processing-enabled risk-adjustment technologies and consulting services. Edifecs will add Health Fidelity’s assets, along with similar offerings from recently acquired Talix, to its Encounter Management software for payers.
Digital musculoskeletal care company Sword Health raises $163 million in a Series D funding round, bringing its total raised to over $300 million at a valuation of $2 billion.
Remote diagnostic software startup LifeVoxel raises $5 million in seed funding.
Patient engagement software vendor Luma Health raises $130 million in a Series C round that brings its total funding to $160 million.
Cerner names Johnny Luu (Google Health) as chief communications officer.
Healthcare Triangle hires Jason Polli, MBA (Leidos) as VP of client success.
Albany Med (NY) promotes Kristopher Kuschem MEng to VP/CIO.
Announcements and Implementations
Ascom announces GA of its Digistat clinical workflow software in North America.
Monument Health (SD) implements Healthcare Triangle’s Readable.AI technology for automated document processing.
The Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services launches TreatmentConnection.com, an online mental health and addiction treatment screening and provider locator available through technology developed by Bamboo Health.
- Medcare Orthopaedics & Spine Hospital in Dubai goes live on InterSystems TrakCare.
- Jvion shares predictions for how AI will continue to shape healthcare in 2022.
- The First Coast Connect Podcast features Availity CTO Jack Hunt.
- Cerner releases a new podcast, “What does it take to be a real-time health system?”
- CHIME’s 2021 Digital Health Most Wired Trends Report reflects the rapid digital transformation of and growth in patient engagement.
- AHLA’s latest Speak of Health Law Podcast, “Legal Liabilities of Enterprise Cyber Risk Management,” features Clearwater founder and executive chairman Bob Chaput.
- KLAS Research and Arch Collaborative release a case study featuring Baptist Health and Divurgent.
- Everbridge will exhibit at the National Healthcare Coalition Preparedness Conference November 30-December 2 in Orlando.
- Fortified Health Security names Audra Barnes security compliance analyst.
- FeaturedCustomer’s “Fall 2021 Hospital Communications Software Customer Success Report” includes Halo Health as a top performer.
- Healthwise wins several Digital Health Awards.
- Visage Imaging will introduce Visage 7 Video Reports at RSNA21.
- How to Respond to Negative Reviews (AdvancedMD)
- Strategies for Successful Transitional Care Management Programs (Arcadia)
- Information Integration Delivering Personalized Long-Term Care (Ascom)
- Help! One Year of the New Improved DRVS Help Section (Azara Healthcare)
- The New CMS Rule – A Step in the Right Direction for Telehealth (Bluestream)
- Confessions of a Non-Visionary Leader (CarePort)
- 7 Cybersecurity Safeguards to Mitigate Ransomware Risks (CereCore)
- Reaching Patients Along the Specialty Medication Journey: Trusting Patients (ConnectiveRx)
- PDMP: Helping Ensure Safety in Prescribing (EClinicalWorks)
- Healthcare payment predictions for 2022 (Experian Health)
- An Empathetic Pediatric Nurse, a Double DAISY Honoree (Get Well)
- The Post-modern Healthcare CIO: What It Is and How to Become One (HCI Group)
- Deliver Better Population Health by Avoiding 3 Mistakes (Health Catalyst)