...which is strongly suggestive, that the VA's problem with Cerner implementation? It's coming a lot more from the VA, than…
Definitive Healthcare will lay off 55 employees, about 6% of its workforce, as part of a restructuring plan that is intended to boost profits.
An email to employees from CEO Robert Musslewhite says the company must address its cost structure since the economy has slowed and companies are purchasing more cautiously.
January 19 (Thursday) 2 ET. “Supercharge Your Clinical Data Searches.” Sponsor: Particle Health. Presenter: Paul Robbins, MSMBA, VP of product, Particle. Particle’s team will preview the exciting results of Specialty Search, a new condition-specific record locator service. This webinar will review how to collect patient records from top Centers of Excellence across the entire country; how healthcare organizations of all types are benefiting from Specialty Search capabilities, using Particle’s simple API; and why a focused search of chronic condition data — in oncology, cardiology, endocrinology, orthopedics, and more — has an outsized impact on care outcomes.
Previous webinars are on our YouTube channel. Contact Lorre to present your own
Acquisitions, Funding, Business, and Stock
Home care and staffing company Viemed invests $2 million in ModoHealth, which offers value-based care and patient management software. Viemed will join Modo’s provider network and use its technology.
- The San Francisco VA Health Care System will implement CareView’s Patient Safety System with help from Decisive Point Consulting Group.
Michael Hawkins (Patient Discovery) joins Axuall as CTO.
CalvertHealth (MD) promotes CTO Melissa Hall, RN to CNO and VP of clinical affairs.
Michele Norton, RN, MSN, MS (MobileSmith Health) joins Avalon Healthcare Solutions as SVP of product marketing.
CereCore promotes Craig McCollum to VP of Meditech International services.
EVisit promotes Sachin Agrawal, MSc to CEO. He replaces co-founder Bret Larsen, who will move to executive board chair.
InnovAge hires Cara Babachicos, MHA (South Shore Health) as CIO.
Lisa Castanzo (Oracle Cerner) joins Elsevier as VP of software engineering, clinical solutions.
Sean Lara (Akasa) joins Censinet as chief revenue officer.
CHOC Children’s promotes Steven Martel, MD to VP/chief health information officer.
Fred Sheffield (HealthPay24) joins TeleVox Healthcare as chief revenue officer.
Announcements and Implementations
Lightbeam Health Solutions announces GA of Radian, a clinical and social data analytics tool designed to help providers with health equity projects.
Persown uses analytics from SAS to develop a Sepsis Monitoring and Alerting System for Hospitals and Homes (SMASH-H).
The Washington Post looks at the use of smartphone apps that collect patient clinical measures and send them to doctors, concluding that if the AI/ML they use requires doctors to interpret the results, the apps can’t really solve access and cost issues.
Safety officials in Bonner County, Idaho attribute a spike in unintentional 911 calls to skiers and snowboarders on local Schweitzer Mountain whose Apple Watches and Iphones automatically called emergency services when their fall-detection technology kicked in.
- Ascom Americas Managing Director Kelly Feist receives a 2023 BIG Innovation Award from the Business Intelligence Group.
- Baker Tilly publishes a new case study, “Medical practice company implements cloud financial management platform to support evolving needs.”
- The Fixing Healthcare Podcast features Oracle Cerner Chairman David Feinberg, MD, “How leadership can fix healthcare.”
- Nordic releases another episode of its “In Network” podcast, “Designing for Health: Dr. Zafar Chaudry.”
- The American Medical Informatics Association elects Clinical Architecture CEO Charlie Harp the 2023-24 chair of its Informatics Partnership Council.
- E-Signature 2.0 to 3.0 & the Progression of Patient-centric Solutions (Access)
- Data Reconnaissance: Understanding your practice’s data landscape (AdvancedMD)
- Industry Collaboration Day 2023 (Agfa HealthCare)
- Accounts Receivable: A Healthy Approach (AGS Health)
- How to Establish a Digital Patient Engagement Committee (Artera)
- Understanding the Impact and Importance of School-based Health Centers (Azara Healthcare)
- Taming the trouble from too much noise (Philips Capsule)
- How a Nurses-First Model Ensures Chronic Care Management Success (ChartSpan)
- The Intersectionality of Technology, Industry Growth, and Patient Outcomes: Clearsense 20/20 (Clearsense)
- Leveraging Agile in Testing – What You Need to Know (CTG)
- How Healthcare is Going Google (Divurgent)