Navy Medicine awards Accenture a five-year, $79 million contract for program and project management support for EHR optimization and health informatics, virtual health, and AI initiatives.
September 5 (Thursday) 2:00 ET. “Driving 90% Patient Adoption Across Your Network: How US Dermatology Partners is Showing Us The Way.” Sponsor: Relatient. Presenters: Michele Perry, CEO, Relatient; Sara Nguyen, VP of applications and integrations, US Dermatology Partners. US Dermatology Partners is helping its physicians reclaim time they can spend with patients and is turning patient engagement strategies into business results across its 90 locations in eight states. Attendees will learn how US Dermatology Partners defined its patient engagement objectives and physician-optimized strategies. They presenters will provide advice on starting or accelerating patient engagement goals.
Acquisitions, Funding, Business, and Stock
Ambrosia founder Jesse Karmazin says the anti-aging blood transfusion business has shut down for good. The company, which pitched transfusions of “young” blood to older people for $8,000 a liter, shut down for a few months earlier this year after receiving a warning letter from the FDA. Karmazin managed to get operations back up and running in two states, and now says he has started a new company called Ivy Plasma, which will offer transfusions from people of all ages.
- Providence Health & Services (OR) will implement the Loopback Rx Platform from Loopback Analytics at its Credena Health pharmacy.
- Quorom Health (TN) will implement Medhost’s clinical and financial software at 25 hospitals over the next 20 months.
- HIEs OneHealthPort (WA) and Healthcare Access San Antonio select health data integration software from Diameter Health.
Announcements and Implementations
St. Claire HealthCare implements emergency department information exchange software from Collective Medical through a partnership with the Kentucky Hospital Association first announced last December.
Florida’s E-FORCSE PDMP uses technology from Appriss Health and Express Scripts to connect to the Military Health System PDMP, which now shares data and analytics with 39 state-based PDMPs.
The People-Centered Research Foundation will use data de-identification services from Datavant to securely link patient data across its National Patient-Centered Clinical Research Network. Organized with funding from the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute, the network comprises 70 provider and payer organizations that share data for research purposes. Datavant added de-identification capabilities to its health data management services when it acquired Universal Patient Key last year alongside a $40 million funding round.
A new KLAS report covers payer care management, a term it uses to encompasses utilization management, disease management, case management, care coordination, and member engagement. ZeOmega and Cognizant are most often considered in new decisions, but VirtualHealth and AssureCare are making inroads as newer market entrants. Medecision is the vendor most often mentioned as potentially being replaced, while Casenet leads in overall satisfaction but is trending down due to missed expectations.
Privacy and Security
Intraprise Health develops BluePrint Protect security software to help enterprises with third-party risk management.
A handful of Queensland Health hospitals in Australia revert to paper for several hours after a routine overnight update to the state’s beleaguered IEMR system goes awry, making the medical records of male patients inaccessible. Hospital staff attributed the glitch to a later-than-normal start time.
Developers of the Anura app claim its machine learning technology can accurately assess a user’s heart rate, stress level, body mass index, blood pressure, and risk for heart disease and attack from a 30-second selfie using transdermal optical imaging. Research published last week in an American Heart Association journal found that the app could measure blood pressure accurately 96% of the time.
- Elsevier Clinical Solutions will exhibit at NACDS TSE 2019 August 24-26 in Boston.
- EClinicalWorks will exhibit at the East Hawaii IPA Annual Healthcare Symposium August 16-18 in Waimea.
- Ellkay, Imat Solutions, and InterSystems will exhibit at the 2019 SHIEC Conference August 18-21 in National Harbor, MD.
- Ensocare will exhibit at the ACMA Florida Chapter Annual Conference August 22-23 in Championsgate, FL.
- Hayes Management Consulting names Craig Surette (Athenahealth) senior solutions engineer and William Heuschneider (Athenahealth) client success manager.
- HCTec Marketing and Sales Operations VP Rob Borella joins the Tennessee HIMSS board.
- Imprivata makes Identity Governance available to customers working with Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
- Nordic releases a new podcast, “How to drive efficiencies between your ERP and EHR in OR and beyond.”
- Dawn of the Age of Population Health (EClinicalWorks)
- Can You Find and Secure the Sensitive Information in Your Organization’s Network Infrastructure? (Fortified Health Security)
- The expanding role of the EHR in the opioid battle (Greenway Health)
- Why an EHR Alone Isn’t Going to Make Population Health Possible (The HCI Group)
- Why Social Media in Healthcare is Important (Optimum Healthcare IT)
- After the Fever Pitch, Prevent the “Helpless” Desk (HCTec)
- Is Remote Staffing Right for your Prescription Renewal Center? (Healthfinch)
- The Value of Using the Right Health Education Videos (Healthwise)
- 3 considerations for multifactor authentication in healthcare (Imprivata)
- The Interoperability Directive: What the Proposed ONC and CMS Regulations Mean – Part 3 (InterSystems)
- Keynote Spotlight: Former CEO of Cleveland Clinic Shares How to Expand the Boundaries of Healthcare (Kyruus)